Monday, October 13, 2008

Today was interesting

Well, today I had an appointment with the doctor as a follow up for my blood pressure since it was high in the hospital after delivery. The doctor took my blood pressure again today and since it was high, he ordered the red carpet treatment (wheelchair) to get me over to the hospital right away. After waiting another hour to get registered in the hospital, they put me in a room, had me lay down, and monitered my blood pressure and took blood to do tests. After an hour of this, I was cleared and able to go home. My origional doc appointment was at 11am, we left at 3pm... fun day with baby and gandma :) Aubrey was amazing though. I think it got her off her schedule as she basically slept all day, so we will see how much she is up tonight!
So for the next week I am on moderate bed rest at home. I can only get up to take care of Aubrey and need to be resting otherwise. So what am i doing now... sitting up on the computer?? Well, just keeping everyone posted as I will be a little lazy this week and hopefully we get better results on Friday... or I will have to be admitted to the hospital and given medicine. I pray this doesn't happen!
Take care all!
Sandy

3 comments:

  1. Just letting you know that I'm praying your blood pressure goes down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear it was high again. Rest up and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy and Steve,

    Aubrey is beautiful! Contratulations to the both of you. Aubrey is a very lucky little girl having you as parents! It is going to be great having our daughters growing up together. I can't wait until I can meet her!

    Sandy, it is very rare in life when one has the opportunity to sit back and rest. Therefore, listen to the doctors and do not push yourself. Enjoy the opportunity of being able to lay in bed and bond with your precious little girl.

    David B.

    ReplyDelete