Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008 recap





What a great week we had with the family! It was so much fun to be off all week and just be able to enjoy Aubrey! Last week we experienced a lot of firsts... first plane ride, first time in Texas, first time meeting Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and great-grandmas, first time eating formula, first Christmas, and first time flying first class! Boy, this week was exciting.
Well, I already updated you on how good she was on the flight to Texas. As far as being fussy, she got a little better by the end of the week and allowed others to hold her (which was a nice break for mom & dad). I realized once I got to Texas that I was not producing enough breastmilk so we started supplementing with formula. She took to it really well and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I am sad that I am not producing enough... but on the other hand, it is a little relief to know there is a good substitute. It has been really hard keeping up with pumping while I have been on the road with work. I get really busy, don't realize the time, and then am in a parking lot or rest stop trying to pump without flashing the world and getting it all over my clothes!!! I am still feeding at night but I honestly don't think I am going to keep much of a supply with how I am going about all this. So, for now, I hope I do not regret my decisions!
Texas was hot so it was weird to have Aubrey in short sleeve outfits during Christmas! We had a great reunion with my dad's side of the family so it was fun to show off the newest addition!
On the flight home, mom & Aubrey got to ride first class. The plane was a little delayed but Aubrey fell asleep in the terminal and did not wake up till we landed in Atlanta! The perfect little angel!!! All the other passengers were once again happy! When we landed, I took Aubrey to the bathroom to change and then fed her and got our luggage. Steve went and got the car and picked up our precious 4-legged kids at the park-n-bark where they stayed during the holidays. Steve picked Aubrey & I up curbside and we drove home. I loved being with family but it was SO nice to come home! Aubrey was up for a little while and then went to bed early. She woke up once around 1am and then slept until 8am. We were all very tired and looking forward to getting back in the swing of things around here!


Today we had another first! We sat in our bumbo for the first time and did GREAT! I have been a little worried about her neck strength because she HATES tummy time and was sick for the last 3 weeks, but her neck strength seems to be doing good and she did great sitting up! It was a little sad because I knew this was the first step to being a toddler!!!


We hope everyone had a great Christmas and we are looking forward to an exciting new year of more firsts!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! for all the firsts. I am glad you guys had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete