Tuesday, December 23, 2008

aubrey's first flight


It has been an exciting weekend... Aubrey flew to Texas to visit our family. I dared to take her alone since Steve is coming on Christmas Eve to Texas. We went through security, no problem ( we even got asked by 2 different groups if we needed help)! Getting mom's shoes back on and dressed again was interesting but we figured it out! we got to the gate after stopping to pick up a bananna and water, no problem. Sat at the gate for a while and mom heard a noise coming from Aubrey's bottom... went to the bathroom to change and figured out that we needed to to a whole wardrobe change! After we got all nice and clean we went back to the gate where there were no seats left. Aubrey and I sat on the floor when a nice gentleman offered his seat, we were nice and comfortable so we passed but thanked him very much! She did good waiting until the last little bit and she started to get fussy so I had to get her bottle out to start feeding her. Her bottle was still cold and she did NOT like that. I could feel some people glaring as they watched a crying baby waiting to get on THEIR flight. She didn't eat much and then it was time to board. ALL ZONES at one time... yeah!!! I was trying to get all my stuff together when a nice Columbian lady asked if I needed help. Clearly, I DID!!! She helped me with my bags and I got Aubrey clamed down. We got on the flight and Aubrey was just an angel from then on! I was able to warm up her bottle with my hands and she eat while we started in the air. She slept a little on the plane and sucked on her passy as we decended. She was taking the whole experience in with her big eyes. She was smiling at people as they walked off the plane and told her what a good job she did!
Now that we are in Texas, she hasn't been as good! She only seems to want her mommy and throws a fit when anyone else holds her. She is still sick with a cold and I think she just isn't feeling good. Today seemed to be a little better so we hope she gets used to her new environment and everyone will be able to enjoy the sweet little angel we all know!
We have an exciting week filled with family to visit. We look forward to Aubrey's first Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good flight. I am glad that Aubrey enjoyed it. I hope that the three of you enjoy a wonderful Christmas together. You are all very blessed to have each other. Love you!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture! I hope ya'll had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete