Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Did It!





We discovered, to our amazement, on Saturday, January 26, 2008 that we are officially pregnant! Initially we were shocked because Sandy had only been off of birth control for a month and this was the first cycle for her to conceive. This would put conception sometime after Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve and before LSU thrashed Ohio State for the national championship (What can we say, we had a happy new year!). After we recovered and verified the first test results with another test (and another test) we breezed right from the excitement stage straight to the uh-oh, we-don't-know-nothing-bout-birthing-no-babies sense of being overwhelmed. New diet, new hormones (poor Steve) and yes, new life. According to WebMD.com the due date will be around September 25, 2008.




We wanted to use this website as a way to let our friends and family stay updated with pictures, thoughts and reflections of our experiences over the next nine months. Please check in from time to time so you can share our joy.





Love,

Steve and Sandy







5 comments:

  1. Sandy,
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're going to LOVE being a MOM. It's the greatest feeling when those little arms wrap around your neck and that little voice says, "Mommy, I love you!" And then 16 years rolls around (quickly, I might add) and those big arms wrap around you and that strong, deep voice still says, "Mom, I love you!" Enjoy every moment~~~
    Christy Wells

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy & Steve~
    We are VERY VERY excited for you and can't wait to meet the lil' Williams! Like Christy said, it goes by FAST! So enjoy every second! We are here if you need anything and couldn't be happier for you!
    Shanna, Brent, Reagan & Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,
    Although I sent you an email Congratulating you on your upcoming arrival I realize my "blog comment" seemed a bit biased. You will also love being a Dad. If you have a son, think about sitting back for a relaxing evening in the beautiful winter weather about 29 degrees outside. You're enjoying that evening when sometime after dark your son calls and says, "Dad, I'm stuck and I need you to bring a chain saw." Oooops....no more relaxing....and you promptly load up your truck and leave the house around 7:30 to go into the below freezing night only to return around midnight with the truck still stuck~~~Just something you might be looking forward to in the future....Enjoy the ride!!
    Christy Wells

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am so excited for you two. You are going to be wonderful parents. I love the blog! I can't wait to read all of the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy,
    Thank you for sending me this. Even though we are mostly work related, with my recent pregnancy I am so happy for you and as we spoke about I think of you often. I will miss you covering South Carolina, but family comes first. I wish you the best and will check often to see how you are doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and enjoy every second- it flies by. Congrats!!
    Eva Drawdy

    ReplyDelete